Flash drives are a small storage device which contains flash memory. A flash drive can also be called a USB drive. How do you lose data from a flash drive data and how can you recover flash drive data? Flash drive data can be lost due to accidental deletion or formatting. Data can even be lost due to flash drive errors. Even if all these are the situations, Remo Recover can easily restore the files which have been deleted, lost or even corrupted. The application is available for both Mac and Windows operating system.
Features of the Software Remo Recover
- Restores all files from a flash drive with ease.
- Supports file and data recovery from memory cards, thumb drives, pen drives etc.
- Recovers data from a formatted or corrupted hard drive.
- Restores documents, videos, photographs, video audio files and other file types from corrupt flash drives.
- The Preview option in the software helps to view the files that have been recovered from a flash drive.
Data Loss Scenario from a USB Flash Drives
- Human Errors such as carelessness while handling a flash drive. Carelessness will lead to deletion or formatting of a flash drive. Even mishandling of the flash drive will create a physical damage and eventually lead to data loss.
- Corruption in Flash Drive can happen due to the intrusion of virus or any malware.
- When you eject a flash drive abruptly even without creating a back-up of the data.n Abrupt ejections will lead to loss of files from a flash drive or even can make the flash drive inaccessible.
- Usage of untrustworthy third party tools will end up corrupting the flash drive.
Steps for conducting data recovery from flash drive
- Download the application Remo Recover and run it.
- You can recover missing data or files from a flash drive by connecting it to the system.
- Choose the option Recover Partitions/ Drives, from the main screen of the software.
- When the application takes you to the next page, choose between Formatted Recovery/ Reformatted Recovery and Partition Recovery as per the situation you are facing.
- Choose the USB drive from the list of drives listed by the software. Click Next to start the scanning process.
- Ones the scanning is completed, the recovered flash drive data can be viewed by you. You can either use File Type View or Data Type View.
- Click the Preview option before saving the restored flash drive data.
- Save the retrieved files to the required storage.
Note: You can avoid using the flash drive until recovery process is complete to avoid overwriting.
Ensure that the retrieved files are not stored in the same Flash Drive.
The application is supported in the following flash drive brands: Kingston, HP, Sony, Transcend, Lexar, etc.
The software also helps recover from USB pen drive, Compact Flash, MMC Mobile, miniSD, Memory Stick PRO- HG Duo, Smart Media and much more.